Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Hospital Stay

Hailey had her 2nd round of Chemo a few days before Mothers Day.
We planned to have our Mothers Day Celebration the following weekend, when she was feeling better.
The night that we planned to get together Hailey told my Mom she wasn't coming because she wasn't feeling well. Nick brought the boys and his Mom, Sandee stayed with Hailey.
She had a low grade fever.
But any fever while going through treatments is not good.
She called her Doctor and he recommend that she go to LDS Hospital, where there was no wait in the ER.

They started her on fluids and pain meds to control the sharp pains she was having in her stomach.
They ran tests. Luckily everything came back negative. 
But, they did find White Cells in Urine.
This is not related to cancer. She had an infection from something else.
In the end they did find she had Ischemic Colitis 
Cause from severe dehydration.
I was at the Hospital hanging out with Nick for about 3 hours. 
Hailey looked like this the whole time.
So sick.
I hate Cancer.
I hate seeing my sister like this.
Her nurses names were Holly and Heather. Kind of crazy! 
After 3 nights in the hospital she was able to go home. 
Hope we do not have a hospital stay again.
Drink up Hayz!


Just a handful of the daily meds for a Chemo Patient. 

Have I mentioned how much I hate Cancer?

No comments: