April 20, Hailey decided to cut her hair.
The Chemo drugs would cause her hair to completely fall out 17 days after first round of chemo.
She has had long hair her whole life.
This is going to make THIS feel real
and that we really did go to THIS class
and that my sister just went through her first round of CHEMO
It's kind of weird to document something like this.
Weird to take pictures of my sister that has breast cancer.
If she doesnt chop it off it'll come out in clumps.
Can you imagine all of that hair coming off in clumps?
Hopefully me documenting this will be some type of comfort to someone else going through this same thing.
Maybe someone on my side, as a sister.
Or, someone going through Cancer.
HOLY SHIT. This is really happening.
Here comes my ugly face that I get when I cry.
Heartbreaking.
Right now I am breathing. I know that because I hurt.
My chest physically hurts to touch.
Its beating but its broken.
She always smiles and laughs. I am glad we can still laugh.
Did you see how long it took to chop through that braid?
We have good hair genes.
Which makes chopping her hair that much worse!
She should leave it like this, don't you think?! ;-)
Amazing. There is the smile again.
While I am sitting over here with my ugly crying face.
18 inches people!
If she decides she wants to, we will make a wig from her hair.
This hair from my other Sister Heather and her daughter Olivia.
And I will cut off a pony tail from my own head.
It'll be a sister wig. That is pretty cool.
Becky needed her hair touched up too.
Becky made this situation bearable.
You can read about it on "SCISSOR THERAPY" Facebook page. It's worth reading.
I wonder if they are texting each other?
Beautiful
How cute is she?!?!?! She can pull off any look.
Wait until you see her after the head shaving party.












No comments:
Post a Comment