Sunday, September 9, 2012
Baby Boy Poore #2
We are happy to announce Baby Boy Poore #2 will be here sometime the end of February. We are so excited that he is doing well and we are excited for him to join our family! I had a really scary start to the pregnancy so I am really happy that my little guy is healthy! Here is my story.
I found out when I was exactly 4 weeks pregnant. Two days prior to finding out I was on my morning jog and got a stomach ache. It was a different stomach ache, I had never had anything like this happen to me before. It felt like really bad gas pains times 100. It lasted for a couple of hours. I was pushing on my stomach trying to relieve some pain and I remember feeling something move on the lower right side of my stomach- almost like a small ball. It was strange and they pain passed so I didn't think much more about it. Two days later I took a test. Bergin was waking up from a nap, so I left the test in the bathroom and went to get Bergin. Walked back into the bathroom and "PREGNANT" I sort of chuckled and said Oh shit! Bergin grabbed my face and looked at me all concerned and said "Mama"! Jensen wasn't home at the time so when he got home I gave Bergin the test and told him to take it to him. I told him I hope that everything is ok because I had a strange stomach ache a few days earlier, after having a miscarriage I didn't want to get my hopes up until I knew everything was ok.
Later that afternoon I took another test just to be sure.
Two days later on Monday June 25 again on my morning jog, the stomach ache came back. It came back much more intense. I called my OB and left a message for my nurse around 9:30 am. I had some errands to run and picked up food and met Jensen at work for lunch. I ate 3 bite, my stomach hurt so bad I knew something was wrong and I was really worried about my baby. By the time I left Jensen's work I could hardly walk. It felt like my insides were going to fall out of my crotch. I had a lot of pelvic pressure, my stomach was really bloated, hard and hot. I called my OB again and this time my message was a little more urgent. I received a return phone call 15 minutes later. I explained what was going on; stomach pain, pelvic pressure, bloating, hard and hot stomach, insides feeling like they are going to fall out, can't pee- doesn't burn just cant go. Super painful. The Nurse tells me it sounds like a UTI, she wants me to come in ASAP and do Urine test and HCG levels. 30 minutes later I went in did Blood Test and Urine Test- it took me 15 minutes to pee 1 ounce. I should also say before I go further.. my Ob's office is at IMC, the lab I went to is at IMC and it was SOOOO hot this day. So I leave the hospital and while walking back to my car I feel like I am going to pass out, I start to sweat, my body goes numb. I make it to my truck turn AC on full blast and call Jensen on blue tooth. I am not sure exactly what I said but I do remember saying "I don't know what is wrong with my but I think that I am going to die." I started blacking out and then I started throwing up. Jensen called 911 from another phone. I seriously thought I was going to die. BUT.... I am in the hospital parking lot all I need to do is go back inside I don't need an ambulance. I saw a guy walking by. I asked him to help me and he said "I am late, I need to be to the U in 10 minutes" Asshole- I hope Karma finds you.. So ambulance comes to me, in the hospital parking lot. The longer I sat there the better I was feeling (not like I was going to die anymore) but still in a lot of pain. The paramedics were all really nice, one even joking about my 3 bites of cafe rio salad that was now on the ground. They wanted to take me to ER, I told them I didn't want to take a $3000.00 ambulance ride around the parking lot. The Police man was very nice and said I will drive you in your truck around. I asked him if he could do that and he said he didn't care, he was going to anyway.
Now to the ER... the FULL ER. I sign in and they take my ID. I sit down. A few minutes later a woman sat next to me and didn't smell good at all, I threw up in my mouth a little bit and made my way outside. It was shady and there was a breeze so I sat down against the building. A few minutes later the cop came out to check on me. Jensen got there a few minutes later. People were leaving the ER after not being seen for over 5 hours. My OB's office was closed by this time so I told Jensen I wanted to go home, I would rather wait at home and see my Dr in the morning. Against his better judgment he took me home. I called the on call Dr once home. He was so sweet, we were on the phone for an hour and a half. He told me to come back in, he would be the Dr that would be there all night. He felt like from what I told him I had internal bleeding and most likely an Ectopic Pregnancy. By the time I made it back to the ER I was so bloated I looked like I did when I was 7 months pregnant with Bergin. After several tests and Ultrasounds I was heading into Emergency Surgery at 2:30 am. I was told it could be any of the following but they thought it was most likely an Ectopic Pregnancy, they found something big covering my right Ovary, they said all or part of my right ovary and tube may have to be removed. No one in my family but my mom knew I was pregnant. I called my mom while being wheeled to surgery to tell her.
I woke up after surgery, I remembered 2 things... Jensen wearing my sweatshirt that was way too small for him and I remember the Dr telling me about the surgery.
Everything is fine with the pregnancy (to his surprise) The found I had a cyst on my right Ovary 6 times the size of my Ovary that had ruptured and was bleeding internally. My stomach was full of blood. He said if I would have waited a day or two longer I would have bled to death. They dissolved and repaired the cyst because removing it would have caused me to miscarry due to it supplying progesterone.
WOW... that was a roller coaster.... And I still have my baby. That is what mattered the most. I knew I was not in the clear, I just went through a lot of trauma- emotionally and physically. But I was very thankful for this baby because I felt like because of him I am here to be a mom to Bergin, if I didn't know that I was pregnant I would have probably waited to go to the hospital... It scares me to think of that.. I am thankful for the outcome, even more thankful now that the little man in my belly that I feel saved my life is growing perfectly and I can't wait to meet him! He is already so loved!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
oww what a story and im glad you are okay and im excited for the new baby a baby brother to play with bergin and a buddy for king..lol
xoxo
Holy shiz girl what an intense and scary thing to have to go through!!! I am so glad everything worked out like it did and you are both ok!!! I had an ectopic pregnancy 4 years ago that didn't burst but tore and leaked blood into my belly for 4 weeks cause the doctors were to stupid to figure it out!!! Thank goodness your doctors knew what they were doing and were able to save you both!!!;) not only is this little guy a miracle but he is a guardian angel that saved your life! I am so excited for you guys!!! Congrats again!
SERIOUSLY crazy that you went through that. I am SO glad you and the baby are ok. WOW!!!
Post a Comment