Friday, October 3, 2008
About the below pics
We have had very busy lives lately!! I can't believe how fast time is flying!! So an explanation for the below pics.... B-Day pics... I am so lucky to have such great friends and family! We had a few different parties/dinners and I had a very good birthday!!
Next Idaho pics.... So last year Jensen and I went on a little road trip with his parents so now I think we have a new tradition that we have started.. So this year we went to Idaho.. First stop Boise. We stayed one night in Boise and we pretty much just hung out with my sister Heidi..
2nd stop... Just outside of Stanley, so on our drive there I spoke with my mom for a little bit and learned some family history. In Shoshone (I think) there is the "Bergin Mortuary" apparently it is was owned by my dad's uncle and it was almost purchased from him by my parents.. I couldn't even imagine what my life would be like if that would have happened.. Pretty happy it didn't!!
So back to Stanley. We stayed in this BEAUTIFUL Lodge with these small little cabins around the property. It was so beautiful. The cabins were the original structures just restored and bathrooms added over the years. The main Lodge was also the original structure and apparently not much has changed on that lodge. Jensen was in heaven at this place! He said we need to own something like this but more bed and breakfast type place. He loved it here and I would agree to owning something like that just not there.. Apparently in the winter in is one of the coldest places in the country... Not a place for me!!! My type of winter is one where I get to visit Mexico!
We stayed 1 night in this Lodge. The day that we got there we went on an amazing 12 miles hike! I was so impressed by Jensen's parents! I guess the people that told them about this hike said it takes like 6 or 7 hours.... Well we did it in 4!
Next stop was McCall... What an amazing place! For those of you that say Brynn's post about when they went to McCall and she was talking about the lake.. She was exactly right. When you get out of this lake it is like you were just in mineral water! We had so much fun on this trip. We wished we would have taken our dogs because they would have loved this trip!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So fun! It does sound like you've been busy! I miss you!
Post a Comment