Tuesday, January 21, 2014

California Family Vacation 2013

In November we went on a family vacation to California. It was Lincoln's first time on an airplane.



Bergin was so excited to go on an airplane, he has been on one before when he was around 5 months old. I think he expected it to be more.. I think he imagined it to be like when he plays with airplanes, buzzing them around the room. Once we were on the airplane he looked around and said "Mommy, I want to ride on a airplane." He loved watching a movie on his "DVDB Player" with his head phones.

The worst part of the trip was picking up the rental car. I hate all rental car places. They take way longer than they should.
It was the perfect time to go to California. There were hardly any people anywhere and the weather was perfect. Our first stop was in San Diego. We took the boys to the Beach. Bergin was in heaven. He loved playing in the sand, running around chasing birds and running away from the waves.


Lincoln also loved the beach. His eyes were wide and he was so curious!

The boys having fun playing in Lincoln's Hotel Crib (it was more like a cage!)
The whole reason we went to San Diego was to go to Sea World. We only spent a few hours there. There were no people. We walked through it pretty quickly. Bergin rode a few rides and loved walking through the aquariums. We just so happened to miss the Shamu show. I saw it several years ago and was kind of bummed to miss it.  Now I'm happy that we missed it. By chance, I saw Blackfish when we got home.. SO SAD. That is all I am saying about it.
But here are some pictures from Sea World.
Berg loved pushing the buttons at the "alligator". He also loved to wear his back pack. It is the smallest back pack and it looks so big on him!



We also rode on The Skyride. It was so hard for Bergin to sit down and not move around. But it was a really nice view.




On our last night in San Diego we decided to eat at one of the oldest restaurants in the area. It was so good! But we also stumbled across some pirate ships that we decided to tour. Bergin was in heaven. One of the ships was the actual ship in Pirates of the Caribbean.


 From there we went to San Clemente and rented a beautiful house. It was a few minutes drive to the beach. It had a beautiful yard. Bergin loved the hot tub and the bunk bed that he got to sleep in.






We spent the next few days hanging out at the beach, hanging out with an old friend and meeting her beautiful twin baby girls.








We also went to Disney Land. Bergin was an inch too short for most of the rides but still had a lot of fun on the rides he could go on. My phone ended up totaling dying, my pictures were not backed up. So starting the day we went to Disney Land I lost all of my pictures except for the pictures that I sent to family. So these are the only ones I have! I can't wait to take Bergin to Disney Land when he is tall enough, he will love it!!



AND….. Look who got his top tooth!!
Cool Kids in their shades eating Breakfast.

Back home.



No comments: