Monday, April 8, 2013

First 6 weeks




           


                                                               
Lincoln-
You are such a welcomed addition to our family. I don't remember life before you. I was nervous before I had you. Would I love you as much as I love your Brother? I didn't know if it was possible. But I do! There are little things about you that remind me of your Brother. I almost expected you to look like him. But you have your own little look and you couldn't be more beautiful or prefect. You have light brown hair with a reddish tint.



       
















You have the most beautiful BLUE eyes, I really think they are going to stay blue. I always wished for a blue eyed brown haired boy. You are such a good baby.
                                                           (Give me some milk!)

You love milk and you're starting to get rolls on your arms. I didn't think it was possible to have a baby fatter than your Brother, so far you're beating him. At your 2 week appointment you weighed 9 lbs 3 oz (up from 7 lbs 14 oz = 1 lb 5 oz weight gain.) 21.75 inches (up from 20.5 inches at birth.) You're chunky. And I love it.


You are for the most part a great sleeper. If you are having issues sleeping and I snuggle you then you always go right to sleep. You would sleep all night long if I let you sleep with me every night. For the most part you wake up once during the night. You hate having a wet or dirty diaper and you will let me know.


You love the tub. But you hate getting out and you hate being cold.

     


You love LOVE your Brother. And he LOVES you. Every morning he wakes up he wants to "See Brother" After he sees you he wants to "Hold Brother and Hug Brother" I am lucky to have you both. I can't wait to see the friendship and bond that the two of you continue to build.


                      



                            



On March 13th we switched you to size one diaper- we probably should have done it earlier. But I wanted to use up the diapers!

On March 18th you had your first bottle. As I started to feed it to you, your eyes widened and you couldn't gulp fast enough, you made the nipple of the bottle start to go inside itself. It was funny. You drank 6 oz quickly and wanted more!!

On March 29th you smiled AT me! It wasn't just one of the baby smiles. You smiled at me. You have at least once a day since then. You're starting to make the cutest baby cooing noises. I can't get enough of you. There are not enough hours in the day.




From the moment I found out that I was pregnant with you I didn't know if I would ever get to meet you. You make my world complete and I am thankful every day that you are here. You went through a lot during my pregnancy. I am surprised at what a calm baby you are. Thanks for being a fighter. I love you more than anything.

Love, Mommy

WEEK 1


WEEK 2

 WEEK 3


 WEEK 4



WEEK 5

WEEK 6






2 comments:

Dean and Rachel said...

It's not fair....why does it have to go SO FAST:(! He is so so cute!!! I have a little gift for you so next time in Salt Lake I'll drop it by. I am LOVING the chunk!

Unknown said...

That's so cute Bergin asks to see him!!