La Paz, Bolivia - slideshow dvd
There are almost no words on how to explain La Paz, Bolivia. It was the most bizarre and interesting place that I have ever been. First of all getting off of the plane after a scary landing and passing crashed airplanes that were just pulled off of the runway. Planes that have taped windows and planes that look like they should not leave where they are parked.. but they do! We walk off of the plane and I am hit with a chill in the air and I cannot breathe! I guess that is what happens when you land at just under 15,000 feet. It is one of the highest airports and MAJOR cities in the world! The city has several millions of people living in it. We go into the airport and we are greeted with not so friendly faces holding machine guns trying to shove us out.. I couldn't think straight. All I wanted to do was to go into one of the Oxygen rooms (they have these rooms instead of places to eat!) But they shoved us out of the airport. I sat on the curb and but my head between my legs and my first thought was WHAT IN THE HELL ARE WE DOING HERE??? and the second was that I wanted to die... My throat was so dry not even water would wet it. Jensen then showed up after storing our HUGE ski bag that we have been lugging through several countries in South America and he has a bag of lifesavers. I have never been excited for something butterscotch (ewww!!) in my life! Not to mentioned for the next few days I always had one in my mouth! So from there we head to our hostel. We pull around the corner from the airport and the sight was unbelievable! We were driving down into the Major City that was surrounded by such beautiful mountains covered in millions of houses, most of which you could only make the house out due to the dark shadow of the hole that is used as a window, or the clothes lines hung from house to house with the beautiful colors on the lines. For the next few days we walked around La Paz seeing no white people and unfriendly faces of the locals. Little did we know the only reason white people go to Bolivia is because 65% of the worlds Cocaine comes from there. So its not exactly the "tourist" location.. I am still not sure what took us there, but I am glad that we did! We spent a lot of time on out balcony over looking a busy traveled streets of children and women in beautiful colorful dresses and ridiculous hats! Pretty Bizarre place!! Thanks babe for taking us there, even though at the time I wanted to kill you :) xoxo!
No comments:
Post a Comment